Monday, September 15, 2008

Lightening Up

The blog's been a bit of a downer lately. It's probably more accurate to say that I've been a bit of a downer lately. Maybe it's because of the rain - there's been lots. Maybe it's because T got injured - always worrying. Maybe it's because I'm not feeling well. Whatever. To counteract the gloom, I'm going to find one thing a day to write about that makes me happy. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep it going but it'll make a change.

I'm happy about a blog I found - www.thatreadingwritingthing.blogspot.com. It's written by a British writer who has excellent taste in books (excellent because she likes a lot of the same books that I do). What totally sold me on the blog was a political commentary where she made a brilliant comparison between Sarah Palin and Basil Fawlty. Brilliant because 1) the show Fawlty Towers and John Cleese's portrayal of Basil Fawlty are classic so any reference is welcome and 2) Sarah comes up short in the comparison.

Gosh. I feel a little happier already.

No comments: