Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Me

The other day I realized that I missed an important anniversary. It's been nine years since I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I can't remember the exact date of the diagnosis because between perimenopause and fibro, I'm lucky I can remember my own name, but I do know it was in the fall of 1999. In honor of the past nine years, I thought I'd spend the next couple of entries talking about:
  1. things I've learned since being diagnosed
  2. things I haven't learned
  3. things I think I've learned but apparently have not based on my actions
  4. things I hope I learn and act on going forward

If I have any anniversary wishes for myself, I'd wish that I would acknowledge that I've done my best dealing with this illness for the past nine years and, more importantly, that I live my upcoming years with joy, love and wisdom no matter what health challenges I might face.

No comments: