Sunday, August 31, 2008

Treatment starts and so do I

I thought I had started treatment at the Fibro & Fatigue Center. But no. All the stuff I've been taking and doing has just been the preview. Last week I got the results from all my tests so now there's a concentrated battle going on in my body fueled by IVs, medications and supplements to rid it of viruses and to make me well. I have hopes fueled by my doctor who was excited and optimistic. The other fuel - well, that's making me feel queasy all the time and draining me of the ability to think. It will get better. I will get better. That's my mantra as I try to visualize everything bad flowing out of me.

In the meantime, I'm getting the bug to get some exercise and to be a little creative. I've been doing some easy exercise videos - only 20 minutes of gentle aerobics and strength training. Just enough to get movement without crashing and burning. To help with the creativity bug, I broke out the scarf I started knitting two years ago. The scarf will look good with my brown tweed coat which needs wearing this fall/winter. If I ever finish it. I've even been thinking about dragging out my old sewing machine to see if it still works.

I'm also getting my hair cut. I'm not sure I'll like it - in fact, I'm prepared to spend the winter watching my hair grow out - but it's time for something different. I've had pretty close to the same style for at least 10 years - shoulder length or so with long layers. I'm going for a chin length bob.

I've been checking out other blogs. I need to get some pictures on mine. Once I have some pictures to add. And figure out how to post them.

How cool is this? Stuff to think about and do.

No comments: