Monday, May 19, 2008

It's late. I'm crabby. And tired.

Today was pretty much crap. Monday and work. Need I say more? Yeah, well, I will anyway.

First, there was the Monday staff meeting. Normally, I don't mind the meeting all that much. I get to pretend that I'm interested in what's going on and watch my co-workers' eyes glaze over when someone (me mostly) makes a comment or asks a question and drags the meeting on for another ten or fifteen minutes. Then there's the manager who can talk for hours and say absolutely nothing. It's fun to listen and try to find a tiny morsel of content in the meandering monologues. But all that changed today. The meeting was moved to 11 am to noon. Argh! They messed with my lunch break!

So, ok. I got over that because after the meeting I went the mall and looked at purses at Macy's.

Our department had planned a dinner to honor one of our group who hit a milestone anniversary with the company. We were to leave at 5:15 and meet at the restaurant. At 3, the boss gave me a project. At 5, I ask, "what's your timeline on this" because I have another two hours of work to finish. "Now", he says, "but I want you to come to the dinner". Right.

I got home after 8. No dinner. I checked my emails. The first one says "Do You Have Any Mental or Brain Problems?"

Nope. Not me.

**************************************************************
Hey - a special shout out to NM and Princess. You guys left me comments. Yippee!

No coffee - day three. Could be why I'm so crabby. And tired.

2 comments:

nm said...

That dinner was not as fun without you....

hahaha...monologues about nothing...couldn't have said it better myself....

told ya we should have ditched work and escaped to the movies to drool and sigh over Prince Caspian, but you just never listen!

Alice B. said...

I know we should have ditched - Prince Caspian (sigh) - sometimes I'm a dummy